- Working Title :
- Coordinator, Donor Stewardship & Communications
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Coordinator, Donor Stewardship & Communications
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
The Coordinator of Donor Stewardship and Communications is responsible for supporting an innovative, creative and comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of athletic donors at all levels.
The incumbent will act as a contributing member of the stewardship team through project and administrative support including the responsibility for the adherence to all stewardship processes and procedures. In addition, the position must partner with the athletic development team to carry out the strategic plan for effective stewardship of donors and assist with the facilitation of recognition events.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with development operations to ensure accuracy within the information tracking processes for gift receipting, gift acknowledgment, donor recognition, and stewardship reporting.
- Analyze acknowledgment systems to find ways to streamline or improve the process.
- Assist the donor events team as it relates to donor recognition, endowed programs, and building naming dedications.
- Support the implementation of consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects and donors.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Stewardship, maintain and coordinate a proposal template/library for major gift officers to ensure timely stewardship.
- Support the athletic department ?speakers bureau? program that organizes all speaking request for the athletic director and coaches in a thoughtful and systematic way.
- Assist with coordinating all autograph requests that comes into the athletic department in a thoughtful and systematic way.
- Maintain budget data including records of expenditures for the Stewardship and Communications team.
- Manage payment to outside vendors and independent contractors.
- Contributes as a member of a high functioning team through accountability, efficiency, enthusiasm and leadership.
- Adhere to policies and procedures across the department that is essential for a comprehensive donor relations program.
- Prepare, proofread, and edit correspondence for senior members of the development team, obtaining the necessary approvals.
- Work in concert with the stewardship team to oversee production and distribution of correspondence.
- Create, build and maintain partnerships within the Athletic Department and throughout the University to further the mission of the Athletic Stewardship model.
- Provide a full range of administrative support for the Stewardship team.
- Maintain and coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, assist in the preparation of meeting materials, distribution of materials and follow-up.
- Create documents including agendas, memos, maps, drawings, and other informational materials.
- Respond and act on behalf of the Associate Director using tact and diplomacy in matters of highly sensitive and confidential nature, including interactions with upper management and other University Officials.
- Respond in timely manner to inquiries from within the department, the campus community and the external constituency. Direct matters to appropriate individuals for action.
- Assist with covering the Victor?s Club phone lines as necessary
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Communications, English or Sports Administration.
- Knowledge and ability to support a comprehensive donor acknowledgement and recognition plan, including working in partnership with the Donor Events team on complex and carefully orchestrated cultivation events and programs.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and programs that support the Athletic Department mission and contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the fundraising program.
- The incumbent must be able to generate creative solutions for stewarding donors through innovative and impactful communication strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills and discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in spelling, grammar, punctuation and proofreading
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated high degree of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and effectively manage resources, relationships and multiple deadlines.
- Must exhibit a high level of energy, enthusiasm, initiative and passion for providing outstanding customer service to Michigan Athletic patrons. Strong commitment to the student-athlete experience.
- Experience with complex database systems.
- Experience with social networking tools (such as Facebook, Twitter, InCircle, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc.). Ability to develop and implement applications within the applications.
- Prior experience working in a university advancement or collegiate athletics office.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.