- Working Title :
- Premium Seating & Transportation Team Assistant
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Premium Seating & Transportation Team Assistant
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
The Premium Seating and Transportation Team Assistant will be an administrative partner for University of Michigan Athletics Development Office. Support includes the following: database maintenance, establishing and running reports, exceptional customer service (internal and external), tracking transportation team and premium seating data, creating and editing correspondence, and tracking, responding to, and following-up on inquiries related to premium seating and the transportation team. The Assistant will support the Premium Seating and Transportation Team activities, as well as a variety of projects, events, and programs within the Michigan Athletic Department.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support for the day-to-day administration of all premium seating programs within Michigan Athletic venues, including: football (club, suite, and chairback); basketball (courtside and courtside club); hockey (club); and baseball/softball (suites).
2. Provide administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the transportation team.
3. Provide phone and email support for premium seating and transportation team inquiries. Follow-up as appropriate. Track all inquiries.
4. Prepare and process payments for premium seating and suite contracts.
5. Assist in production and maintenance of policies and procedures for premium seating and transportation team.
6. Support director and assistant director in preparing, editing and distributing transportation team and premium seating reports.
7. Act on behalf of director and assistant director as requested in handling inquiries of highly sensitive and confidential nature. Respond to inquiries from within the athletic department, from the campus community, and from our external constituency. Direct matters to appropriate individuals for action and follow-up as needed.
8. Complete general office duties including written correspondence, the creation and maintenance of files, copying, faxing, answering the telephone, directing callers to appropriate athletic department and development staff, greeting guests, setting up meeting spaces, and providing technical assistance as requested.
9. Take notes and minutes at meetings when directed; follow-up by distributing meeting minutes in a timely manner.
10. Provide Victors Club phone line coverage and back-up administrative support.
11. Assist in coordination of premium seating and transportation team events.
12. Participate in Athletic Department events as appropriate.
13. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Three to five years of working within a development or athletic environment or related field, with the ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of constituents while operating in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with multiple patrons in a positive and productive manner while maintaining integrity and adhering to the compliance rules of the NCAA, Big Ten, and University of Michigan Athletic Department.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines and display good judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse array of personalities under pressure and deadlines; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Experience in accounting, budgets, and or bookkeeping.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of or experience in Access or similar database systems, including experience and aptitude with relational databases.
- Proficiency in spelling, grammar, punctuation and proofreading.
- Ability to type 60-80 wpm with accuracy.
- Must exhibit a high level of energy, enthusiasm, initiative and passion for providing outstanding customer service to Michigan Athletic patrons.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended. Applicants will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.