- Working Title :
- Development Assistant
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Salary :
- $32,000 - $38,000
- Reports To :
- Senior Director of Development
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
Provide administrative support for the fundraising team including gift/pledge processing, database maintenance and querying for various reports, customer service
(internal and external), preparing for donor visits, follow-up reports, calendaring, P-card reconciliation, making travel arrangements and answering phones/email.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Support (40%):
- Maintain and coordinate calendars, schedule complex meetings.
- Prepare meeting materials and provide follow-up assistance with high-level prospects, donors and campaign volunteers within the campus community.
- Prepare P-Card expense reports and hosting documentation for reconciliation in Concur.
- Coordinate and schedule travel as directed.
- Complete general office duties as needed.
- Act on behalf of gift officers as requested in handling inquiries of highly sensitive and confidential nature.
- Assist with planning and execution of campus and off campus visits and events.
Gift/Pledge Processing (25%):
- Process gifts and record pledges in the Development database (DAC/DART) and the Alumni Association database (MAC) ensuring that they are recorded, receipted and reported to reflect the donors intentions while conforming to specified legal, IRS, CASE and SPG requirements.
- Complete appropriate information on matching gift forms that accompany a donors gift to provide verification of receipt of the gift to the Alumni Association for submission to the matching gift company.
- Process matching gift checks received via mail or online from matching companies.
- Prepare a variety of appropriate form letters for donors and alumni of the University.
- Maintain up-to-date prospect tracking reports for gift officers review and follow up.
- Create routine and customized reports using Executive Information System (EIS) and Business Objects.
- Prepare, edit, and distribute contact reports in a timely and accurate manner and complete follow-up tasks as directed.
Customer Service & Miscellaneous Duties (10%):
- Create, update and maintain biographical records for alumni, donors, and friends of The University.
- Consistently meet established expectations set by the Alumni Association and University Gift and Records Administration on an on-going basis while maintaining high levels of customer service and accuracy.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Association and fundraising team vision.
- Share knowledge through internal communications.
- Remain current with respect to technology, research methodology and other resources.
- Participate on Alumni Association and other University committees as required.
- Provide staff support to the Alumni Associations Board of Directors, its committees and other volunteers.
- Attend appropriate team and staff meetings.
- Staff team and Alumni Association events including some nights and weekends.
- Represent Alumni Association at University and alumni functions.
May coordinate some work of temporary employees.
- A Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of secretarial or related office experience. Strong technology skills, including demonstrated proficiency with the computer and
its basic software (Word processing programs, Internet, Email, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise judgment in setting work
- Ability to work well in spite of frequent interruptions and the ability to handle
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written & oral).
Commitment to high quality customer service.
- Familiarity with the University donor alumni constituency (DAC) database.
- Familiarity with specific software programs (Filemaker Pro, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in planning or assisting in event management and program development.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.