- Working Title :
- Executive Director of the Campaign
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Fundraising - Director of Development
- Reports To :
- Vice President of University Development
- Experience Range :
- 7 to 10 Years
Executive Director of the Campaign
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
Consistent with the President's and Provost's established University priorities, and reporting to the Vice President of University Development, the Executive Director of the Campaign is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan to meet campaign goals and objectives.
Directly Manages: Executive Director, Prospect Development and Analytics; Executive Director, Development Services; shared administrative support.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
* Implement campaign fundraising strategies in support of priorities established by the President and Provost and University Leadership and working closely with the VP of University Development, OUD management team colleagues and S/C/U development leadership.
* Develop a campaign operations plan and timeline, and as well as tools to monitor campaign progress.
* Develop a matrix of goals and objectives that reflects broad university-wide initiatives. Ensure coordination of all initiatives.
* Provide leadership for, and administrative oversight of, campaign and project team staff.
* With the Vice President and the Associate Vice President for Development, ensure the proper engagement and involvement of deans, directors, executive staff and faculty in the campaign.
* Establish and implement standards of accountability to measure progress against dollar and activity goals.
* Oversee conceptualization and implementation of large-scale campaign events; ensure coordination of all campaign-related events.
* Identify and facilitate opportunities for alumni relations, marketing and media relations, and development staff to develop good working knowledge of the campaign, including its component priority projects.
* Work collaboratively with the Associate Vice Presidents in coordinating and reporting on constituency development initiatives.
* Develop and coordinate a volunteer "matrix"; provide support for campaign leadership as appropriate.
* Summarize and report on all campaign activity to Vice President, President, Provost and University Leadership.
* Serve as a senior member of the University Development Leadership management team.
* Manage a portfolio of leadership gift prospects.
* Liaison work
* Baccalaureate degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* A minimum of eight to ten years progressive development experience including extensive involvement in campaign planning and execution for academic institutions.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic plans and programs that support the University's mission and contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the fundraising program.
* Proven success in gift closure at the six-and seven-figure level.
* Ability to lead Prospect Development and Analytics, and Development Services teams in promoting and providing excellent customer service, and in their strategic roles supporting the campaign.
* Experience managing a staff of professionals providing leadership, setting and evaluating individual goals, developing and sustaining appropriate training, mentoring, and assigning and monitoring coverage of primary areas of focus.
* Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituency groups and to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
* Significant experience working with volunteers and volunteer groups. Experience building and communicating campaign strategies. Discretion and an ability to interact with high-level donors.
* Excellent communications skills, coupled with strong writing and presentation skills, as well as the ability to present before a group.
* Sound organizational ability, a high degree of energy creativity and initiative; the ability to project the unique aims and values of the University of Michigan and its donors and alumni.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
* Advanced degree preferred.
For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/qwdWci
For other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers
Application Deadline: Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.