- Working Title :
- Coordinator, Events Marketing and Analytics
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Event Planning
- Salary :
- $36,000 - $38,000
- Reports To :
- Associate Director, Development Events
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Coordinator, Events Marketing and Analytics
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
The Coordinator for Marketing and Analytics will be responsible for recommending, managing and coordinating University and Development Events, marketing and communication strategies, including print and electronic invitation packages, programs, and scripts. This person will participate on event planning teams and will work in close partnership with the Office of University Development's Marketing and Annual Giving and Development Services teams. This position will oversee the production process, including drafting text, creative design, extensive proofreading, print production, and distribution. The Coordinator is also responsible for creating, implementing and leading the use of analytics to better measure the impact of development and ceremonial events via creative and data driven solutions.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
65% Marketing and Communication:
* Participate on event planning teams and recommend marketing and communication strategies for event publicity and promotion.
* Collaborate with colleagues from Development Marketing and Annual Giving, Development Services, university communications and marketing teams, and external vendors to oversee the design and text for all print and electronic invitation packages (invitations, response card, maps, confirmations, etc.).
* Contributes to and supports the development of internal and external marketing plans.
* Oversee the production of electronic registration forms.
* Oversee the production of event websites.
* Oversee the compilation of distribution lists and distribution process (U.S. Mail, e-mail, or both).
* Provide on-site staffing for events as requested.
* Create, implement and measure new analytics initiative for UDE programs, including the use of data to influence event planning, invitation and audiences, programming and ROI.
* Collaborate with Prospect Development and Analytics and Development Services teams to create and implement measurement reports on event activities.
* Provides recommendations to Associate Director and Senior Director on establishing performance goals and standards of excellence to ensure optimal results of events and coordination with key colleagues.
* Stays updated on industry best practices and uses to make recommendations for initiatives moving forward.
* Special Projects as assigned
* Overtime necessary to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
* Direct supervision is received from the Associate Director, Development Events with functional supervision from Senior Director, UDE.
* Functional supervision is exercised over Office Assistant and temporary staff on a per-project basis.
* A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
* 3 or more years of experience in marketing experience required.
* Team approach is required.
* Extensive experience in office operations and organizational leadership is necessary.
* Extensive independence, initiative, and judgment are necessary in the execution of responsibilities.
* Strong time management, project management, and problem-solving skills are required.
* Superior proofreading ability and written and oral communications skills are required.
* Solid knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software is required.
* Familiarity with the University organization, policies, and procedures is desirable.
* Fundraising experience is desirable.
* Analytics and/or statistical experience preferred.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.