- Working Title :
- Director, Premium Seating & Transportation Team
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Event Planning
- Experience Range :
- 5 to 7 Years
Director, Premium Seating & Transportation Team
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
Responsible for implementing strategies to ensure that all premium seating areas within all Michigan Athletic venues are/remain fully subscribed and to administer all premium seating areas with superior efficiency and attention to customer service. Manage the premium seating programs in such a manner that these assets can be most effectively leveraged as part of the development units overall effort to identify and engage donors and prospects with the capacity to provide philanthropic support. Responsible for the effective and efficient management of the transportation team program, providing superior customer service to all transportation team members. Responsible for leading the parking assignments for Victor's Club members.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Premium Seating Program:
- Responsible for developing and implementing the creative strategies for the solicitation of suites and club seat sales (new, renewals, or improvements). Revise and update suite agreements as appropriate.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of all premium seating programs within Michigan Athletic venues, including: football (club, suite, and chairback); basketball (courtside and courtside club); hockey (club); and baseball/softball (suites).
- Manages annual premium seating donation renewal cycles: including the development and production of the premium seat donation mailing, requests for upgrades/downgrades/additional seats, delinquent payments and waiting lists; and keeps development team informed of current availability in all areas to support sales efforts.
- Responsible for the Victors Club parking program for all donors and premium seat holders for football, mens basketball, and hockey.
- In partnership with the Senior Associate Athletic Director manages discretionary inventory for premium seating available for individual game uses. Assists development team by coordinating discretionary inventory that can be used to further fundraising strategies with individual donors and prospects.
- Create and implement a superior customer service interface for existing and potential premium seating patrons. Works closely with development staff to ensure that key individuals are handled appropriately and alerts development staff when a donor or prospect may require more in-depth attention.
- Develop and/or create innovative web content related to premium seating on www.mgoblue.com, www.michiganstadiumproject.com or other sites as appropriate.
- Works in partnership with development and ticket office on re-seating plan for Crisler Arena and assists with communications plan for all new basketball premium seating.
- Maintains all contracts for Michigan Stadium Suites; serves as customer service liaison between suite holders and Sodexo (stadium concessionaire); manages all individual
game/standing room only requests from suite holders; handles other customer service related issues for suites as needed.
- Maintain database, records and accurate mailing lists of Premium Seat Holders
- Create and maintain communications with premium seat holders, including the updating
and production of the suite handbook.
- Responsible for setting and staffing the suite load in days.
- Work in partnership with other Athletic Development Leadership team members to select Premium Suite give-a-way.
- Responsible for coordinating all facility tours for development and premium seating sales purposes
- Responsible for evaluating and updating the transportation team program. This includes but is not limited to:
- Develop and communicate clear policies, procedures and benefits to members of the transportation team.
- Orient new coaches and administrators to the program, clearly communicating expectations and department policies and procedures
- Develop a mechanism to maintain data and information appropriate to the program.
- Work in collaboration with the business office and talent management team in the implementation and monitoring of the program.
- Develop and implement a strategy to expand the transportation team program to include aviation.
- Managing the assistant director and coordinator. This includes providing leadership, setting and evaluating individual goals, developing and sustaining appropriate training, mentoring, and monitoring of primary focus area
- Building a high functioning team, providing staff with clear roles, responsibilities, accountabilities, mentoring, and support to be successful as a team
- Participating in Athletic Development events as appropriate including, but not limited to, home and away football games activities, on and off-campus donor events, and other athletic activities as needed
- Summarizing and reporting on all premium seating, transportation team and parking efforts to athletic department senior leadership
- Developing and managing the budget for the premium seating and transportation team programs
- Serving as a member of the Development Leadership Team to promote a culture of growth and learning
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules and regulations for special seating at athletic venues.
- A bachelors degree is required with a minimum of five to seven years of experience working in a complex environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic plans and programs that support the Athletic Department mission and contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the fundraising program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with multiple patrons in a positive and productive manner while maintaining integrity and adhering to the compliance rules of the NCAA, Big Ten, and University of Michigan Athletic Department.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively determine when information needs to be advanced to other decision makers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, with the ability to effectively adapt and be flexible.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a positive, team oriented environment.
- Must exhibit a high level of energy, enthusiasm, initiative and passion for providing outstanding customer service to Michigan Athletic patrons.
- Must possess and maintain the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Works in a positive, collaborative, and effective manner with all leaders, team members, and customers of the department.
- Masters Degree preferred
- Prior experience working in an athletic development or ticket office at an NCAA Division I institution
- Prior demonstrated success managing premium seating inventory
- Prior demonstrated success and experience generating annual fund growth
- Prior demonstrated success in the delivery and fulfillment of donor benefits
- Prior demonstrated success implementing and championing sound stewardship practices and supporting activities of a major gifts team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.