- Working Title :
- Coordinator, Reunions and Reunion Giving
- Posting Number :
- Job Category :
- Administrative - Project Support
- Salary :
- $36,000 - $39,000
- Reports To :
- Director of Reunions and Reunion Giving
- Experience Range :
- 2 to 5 Years
Coordinator, Reunions and Reunion Giving
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site.
If you are unable to apply via the U-M Jobs site, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please type in the Job ID# for which you are applying.
For questions about the U-M application process, please refer to the FAQ page
The Reunions Coordinator will provide office management, business systems analysis, event, marketing and fundraising support for the Director of the Office of Reunions and Reunion Giving and two Associate Directors. The Reunions Coordinator is responsible for event, fundraising and administrative support for the Office of Reunions & Reunion Giving. The Reunions Coordinator will also provide excellent customer service for incoming calls and as the first point of contact for guests to the Reunions Office.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
(40%) Administrative/Project Support for Director of Reunions and Reunion Giving; Associate Director of Reunion Programs and Associate Director of Reunion Giving
* Provide a full range of secretarial and clerical support including phone answering, filing, copying, handling incoming and outgoing campus and US mail; run errands on and off campus as needed.
* Design and coordinate the effective scheduling of complex meetings, interviews and conference calls, anticipating needs and exercising discretion and judgment as to priorities.
* Create, build and maintain partnerships with groups both within OUD and throughout the University to further the mission of the OUD Reunions team.
* Partner with the OUD Reunion team to create and maintain Policy and Procedures Manuals and team calendar.
* Respond and act on behalf of the Director and two Associate Directors using tact and diplomacy in matters of highly sensitive and confidential nature.
* Create documents including agendas, reports, memos, maps, drawings, and other informational materials.
* Partner with members of the Office of Reunions and Reunion Giving team to identify areas where business systems can be improved and streamlined. Work with team members to create solutions and ensure that projects move through to implementation.
* Maintain budget data including records of expenditures and coordinate department?s timesheets and other tasks with the Finance and Administration team including but not limited to payment to outside vendors, monthly statements of activity (P-cards) and budget report.
* Make changes and add information to the Development Alumni Constituent (DAC) database as needed.
* Coordinate projects and priorities from two reporting sources (AAUM and OUD)
* Serve as Operation Mentor to new team members, including coordination of office, computer, and telephone equipment; training and orientation schedules; keys; etc.
* Take notes and minutes at meetings when directed; follow-up minutes to be completed and distributed in a timely manner.
* Serve as Floor Coordinator for department.
* Provide reception coverage and back-up administrative support as requested.
* Manage and implement other projects as assigned.
(30%) Assist in coordinating events, marketing and solicitation efforts:
* Assist with the recruitment and coordination of volunteers for reunion weekends.
* Oversee website content management and social media.
* Responsible for creating online registration format for all reunion events.
* Process registrations for all reunion events.
* Answer questions from alumni and attendees regarding reunion events and logistics.
* Prepare copy for flyers, programs and maps.
* Assist in event preparation and management of event vendors
* Assist in marketing and annual giving material preparation including submitting requests, producing and coordinating mailings (includes proofing, printing, stuffing, and sending and/or working closely with mail houses) for eight or more reunion classes annually.
* Prepare event materials including nametags, guest lists, registration sheets and informational packets.
* Support the team in day-of-reunion logistics
* Prepare general reunion materials for mailing
* Prepare and post event evaluation and reports
(25%) Assist in coordinating fundraising efforts:
* Maintain gift records for reunion classes.
* Prepare gifts to send to Gift Administration department.
* Prepare, edit, and distribute contact reports in a timely and accurate manner and complete follow-up tasks as directed.
* Check and update bi-monthly donor listings and gift reports.
* Coordinate travel as directed, including meeting confirmations.
* Prepare Reunion Gift committee materials (volunteer notebooks, monthly correspondence, etc.)
* Produce mail merge files using Excel and Microsoft Word
* Create routine and customized reports using Executive Information System (EIS) and Business Objects; secure assistance from DAC development staff as needed.
(5%) Serve as Performance Support Program (PSP) Member
* Take initiative to share, guide and teach users about appropriate self-help technology resources.
* Research, isolate and troubleshoot technology problems. Escalate issues and problems when appropriate.
* Identify and leverage best practices within OUD and the department.
* Attend trainings, presentations, meetings to enhance technology skills and knowledge.
* Seek and implement best practices within team to increase team efficiency and skill set.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Three to five years secretarial experience, event experience and/or project management experience, preferably in a development or fundraising environment.
* Experienced PC user, knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and FileMaker Pro (database).
* Detail oriented, strong communication skills. Excellent customer service skills.
* Discretion when dealing with highly sensitive information.
* Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and to display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner
* Knowledge of UM Development systems, including Donor and Constituent database (DAC) Business Objects, WebNow (ROI) a plus.
Mission StatementThe Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
U-M EEO/AA Statement: The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.